admin 发表于 2024-9-15 07:04:57

2020年12月英语四级听力真题原文带翻译

答:Sell the pearl he had kept for years.

7.What did the fisherman learn from the tourist agent?

问题7:渔夫从旅游代理商那里了解到了什么?

答:His monstrous pearl was extremely valuable.

http://kuailexuexi.net/data/attachment/forum/20240915/1726355097937_0.png

Conversation1长对话1

W: Mr. Smith, It’s a pleasure meeting you!

女:史密斯先生,很高兴见到你!

M: Nice to meet you, too. What can I do for you?

男:我也很高兴见到你。有什么事吗?

W: Well, I’m here to show you what our firm can do for you.

女:我是来告诉你我们公司能为你做些什么的

Astro Consultants has branches in over fifty countries, offering different business services.

Astro Consultants在50多个国家设有分支机构,提供不同的商业服务。

We’re a global company with 75 years of history.

我们是一家有75年历史的跨国公司。

And our clients include some of the world’s largest companies.

我们的客户包括世界上一些最大的公司。

M: Thank you, Mrs. Houston.

男: 谢谢你,休斯顿夫人。

I know Astro Consultants is a famous company.

我知道Astro Consultants是一家著名的公司。

But you said you would show me what you could do for me.

但你说过你会告诉我你可以为我做什么。

Well. What exactly can your firm do for my company?

那么,贵公司究竟能为我公司做些什么?

W: We advise businesses on all matters, from market analysis to legal issues.

女:从市场分析到法律问题,我们都为企业提供建议。

Anything a business like yours could meet.

像你这样的企业能遇到的任何事情。

Our firm offers expert advice.

我们公司提供专家意见。

Could I ask you, Mr. Smith, to tell me a little about your company and the challenges you face?

史密斯先生,我能请你告诉我一些贵公司的情况和面临的挑战吗?

That way, I could better respond as to how we can help you.

这样,我就可以更好地回答我们如何帮助你。

M: OK, sure.This is a family business started by my grandfather in 1950.

好的,当然。这是我祖父1950年创办的家族企业。

We employ just over 100 people.

我们雇用了100多人。

We manufacture an export stone for buildings and other constructions.

我们生产建筑和其他建筑用出口石材。

Our clients usually want a special kind of stone cut in a special design.

我们的客户通常需要一种特殊设计的石材。

And that’s what we do in our factory.

这就是我们工厂的工作。

Our main challenge is that our national currency is rising, and we’re losing competitive advantages to stone produces in India.

我们面临的主要挑战是,我们的国家货币正在升值,我们正在失去与印度石材产品的竞争优势。

W: I see. That’s very interesting.

我明白了。那很有意思。

I will suggest that you let us first conduct a financial analysis of your company, together with the analysis of

your competitors in India.

我建议你让我们先对贵公司进行财务分析,同时对印度的竞争对手进行分析。

That way, we could offer the best advice on different ways forward for you.

这样,我们就可以为您提供不同发展方向的最佳建议。

8.What do we learn about the woman’s company?

问题8:我们对这位女士的公司了解多少?

答:It boasts a fairly long history.

9.What does the man say about his own company?

问题9:这位男士如何评价自己的公司?

答:It is a family business.

10.What is the main problem with the man’s company?

问题10:男士的公司的主要问题是什么?

答:Loss the competitive edge.

11.What does the woman suggest doing to help the man’s company?

问题11:女人建议做些什么来帮助男人的公司?

答:Conducting a financial analysis for it.

Conversation 2长对话2

W: Wow, congratulations, Simon! The place looks absolutely amazing!

女:哇噢,可喜可贺,西蒙!这地方看起来棒极了!

Man: Really? You think so?

男:真的吗?你这么认为?

W: Of course. I love it. It looks like you had a professional interior designer. But you didn’t, did you?

女:那是当然。我很喜欢。这看起来好像你有个专业的室内设计师一样。但你并没有,是吗?

M: No. I did it all by myself with a little help from my brother, Greg. He’s actually in the construction business, which was really helpful.

男:是的,我是在哥哥格雷格的帮助下独自完成的。他实际上是做建筑生意的,这真的对我很有帮助。

W: Honestly, I’m impressed! I know I can probably repaint the walls in my house over a weekend or something,

女:说实话,这真的令我印象深刻!我知道我可以用一个周末或别的什么时候重新粉刷我房子的墙壁,

but not a full renovation. Where did you get your ideas? I wouldn’t know where to start.

但不能完全翻新。话说你的灵感哪里来的?我都不知道从哪里开始着手。

M: Well, for a while now, I’ve been regularly buying home design magazines.

男:嗯,有一段时间,我经常买家居设计杂志。

Every now and then, I’d saved the pictures I liked.

我时不时地把喜欢的照片存起来。

Believe it or not, I have a full notebook of magazine pages. Since by overall style was quite minimal, I thought

说出来你可能不信,我有一本满是杂志页的笔记本。

and hoped a whole renovation wouldn’t be too difficult. And sure enough, with Greg’s help, it was very achievable.

由于整体风格是比较小的,我想但愿整个装修不会太困难。果不其然,在格雷格的帮助下,这是非常可行的。

W: Wasn’t it expensive? I have imagined a project like this could be.

女:不贵吗?我也想象过像这样的一个工程。

M: Actually, it was surprisingly affordable. I managed to sell a lot of my old furniture and put that extra money

towards the new material.

男:实际上出人意料,完全负担得起。我设法卖掉了许多旧家具,把多余的钱用在新材料上。

Greg was also able to get some discount materials from a recent project he was working on as well.

格雷格也能从他最近的一个项目中得到一些折扣材料。

W: Great! If you don’t mind, I’d like to pick your brain a bit more.

女:太好了!如果你不介意的话,我想向你请教下。

Johansson and I are thinking of renovating our sitting room, not the whole house, not yet anyway.

约翰森和我正在考虑装修我们的起居室,而不是整个房子,反正现在还没有。

And we’d love to get some inspiration from your experience.

我们很想从你的经历中得到一些启发。

Are you free to come over for a coffee early next week?

下星期初你有空过来喝杯咖啡吗?

Q12: What do we learn about the woman from the conversation?

问题12:对于这个女人我们从对话中了解到什么?

Q13: Where did the man get his ideas for the project?

问题13:男人是从哪里得到这个项目的想法的?

Q14: What did the man say about the project he recently completed?

问题14:对于他最近完成的项目男人说了什么?

Q15: Why does the woman invite the man to her house next week?

问题15:为什么女人邀请男人下周去她家?

http://kuailexuexi.net/data/attachment/forum/20240915/1726355097937_0.png

Passage 1短文1

Removing foreign objects from ears and noses costs England almost £3m a year, a study suggests.

一项研究表明,去除耳朵和鼻子上的异物每年要花费英国近300万英镑。

Children were responsible for the vast majority of cases - 95% of objects removed from noses and 85% from ears.

绝大多数病例都发生在儿童身上——95%的异物是从鼻子里取出,85%的异物是从耳朵中取出。

Every year, an average of 1,218 nose and 2,479 ear removals took place between 2010 and 2016.

从2010年到2016年,每年平均有1218个鼻子和2479个耳朵要被清除异物。

According to England's Hospital Episode Statistics, children aged one to four were the

根据英国医院的事件统计,一到四岁的儿童

most likely to need help from doctors for a foreign object in their nose.

最有可能因为鼻子里有异物而需要医生的帮助。

Five to nine year olds come to the hospital with something in their ear the most.

五到九岁的孩子来医院时耳朵里塞满了东西。

Jewelry items accounted for up to 40% of cases in both the ears and noses of children.

孩子耳朵和鼻子中都有首饰的占比40%。

Paper and plastic toys were the items removed next most from noses.

纸和塑料玩具是从鼻子里取出最多的东西。

Cotton buds and pencils were also found in ears.

耳朵里还发现了棉签和铅笔。

According to the study, the occurrence of foreign objects in children is generally attributed to curiosity.

根据研究,儿童身上出现异物一般是因为好奇心。

Children have an impulse to explore their noses and ears.

这会导致异物意外进入。

This results in the accidental entry of foreign objects.

孩子们有探索自己鼻子和耳朵的冲动。

Any ear, nose and throat surgeon has many weird stories about wonderful objects found in the noses and ears of children and adults.

任何一个耳鼻喉外科医生都有许多关于在儿童和成人的鼻子和耳朵里发现奇妙物体的奇怪故事。

Batteries can pose a particular danger.

电池会造成特别的危险。

In all cases, prevention is better than cure.

在所有情况下,预防胜于治疗。

This is why many toys contain warnings about small parts.

这就是为什么许多玩具含有关于小零件的警告。

Recognizing problems early and seeking medical attention is important.

及早发现问题并寻求医疗护理是很重要的。

Q16: What does England spend an annual £3m on?

问题16:英国每年花300万英镑买什么?

Q17: What do we learn from England's Hospital Episode Statistics?

问题17:我们从英国的医院事件统计中学到了什么?

Q18: What is generally believed to account for children putting things in their ears or noses?

问题18:一般认为儿童把东西放在耳朵或鼻子里的原因是什么?

Passage 2短文2

Good morning, I’d like to talk to you about my charity ReBicycle.

早上好,我想和你谈谈我的慈善自行车。

But before that, let me introduce someone.

但在那之前,让我介绍一个人。

This is Leila Rahimi. She was so scared when she first moved to New Zealand that she struggled

她是莱拉·拉希米。刚搬到新西兰的时候,她非常害怕,

to leave the house and would spend days working up the courage to walk to the

她挣扎着离开家,会花上好几天的时间鼓起勇气步行

supermarket for basic supplies.

去超市买基本用品。

After a few months of being quite down and unhappy, she was invited to join a local bike club.

步行去超市买基本用品。

At this time, ReBicycle got involved and gave Leila a second-hand bicycle.

这时,雷比克勒得知后送了莱拉一辆二手自行车。

In weeks, her depression had begun to ease as she cycled.

几周后,随着骑车,她的抑郁情绪开始缓解。

The bicycle totally changed her life, giving her hope and a true feeling of freedom.

自行车彻底改变了她的生活,给了她希望和真正的自由感。

To date, ReBicycle has donated more than 200 bikes to those in need,

到目前为止,慈善自行车已经向有需要的人捐赠了200多辆自行车,

and is now expanding bike-riding lessons as demand soars.

随着需求的激增,慈善自行车正在扩大自行车骑行课程。

With a bike, you can travel farther but for almost no cost.

有了自行车,你可以走得更远,还几乎不用花钱。

The three hours a day that used to spend on

过去每天花在步行上英语课

walking to and from English language lessons has been reduced to just one hour.

来回的三个小时已经缩短到一个小时。

Our bike-riding lessons are so successful that we are urgently looking for more volunteers.

我们的骑自行车课程非常成功,我们迫切需要更多的志愿者。

Learning to ride a bike is almost always more difficult as an adult,

作为一个成年人,学习骑自行车几乎都是比较困难的,

and this can take days and weeks, rather than hours.

这可能需要几天几周的时间,而不是几个小时。

So, if any of you have some free time during the weekend,

如果你们周末有空的话,

please come join us at ReBicycle and make a difference in someone’s life.

请加入我们慈善自行车,让生活从此改变。

Q19: What did ReBicycle do to help Leila Rahimi?

问题19:慈善自行车做了什么来帮助Leila Rahimi?

Q20: What is ReBicycle doing to help those in need?

问题20:慈善自行车如何帮助那些需要帮助的人?

Q21: What do we learn from the passage about the ReBicycle?

问题21:我们从这篇关于慈善自行车的文章中学到了什么?

2020年12月英语四级听力篇章3

Passage 3短文3

Thanks to the International Space Station we know quite a bit about the effects of low gravity

多亏了国际空间站,我们对低重力对人体的影响有了比较多的了解,

on the human body, but NASA scientists want to learn more.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2020年12月英语四级听力真题原文带翻译