2024年,广东全省共24.5万人报名参加考试,较上年减少2.9万人。

Top5四川省

四川省2024年硕士研究生招生考试报名人数23.5万人,较上年减少2.3万人。

怎么样,你的目标院校所在地区上榜了吗?评论区聊聊!

报考人数最多省份TOP榜

外刊精读:Day 13

英文原文

A.I. Poses‘Risk ofExtinction,’IndustryLeaders Warn

A group of industry leaders warned on Tuesday that the artificial intelligence technology they were building might one dayposeanexistentialthreattohumanityand should be considered asocietalriskon a par withpandemicsandnuclearwars.

“Mitigatingthe risk of extinction from A.I. should be a globalpriorityalongside other societal-scale risks, such as pandemics and nuclear war,” reads a one-sentence statementreleasedby the Center for AI Safety, anonprofitorganization. The open letter was signed by more than 350 executives, researchers and engineers working in A.I.

Thesignatoriesincluded top executives from three of the leading A.I. companies: Sam Altman, chief executive of OpenAI; Demis Hassabis, chief executive of Google DeepMind; and Dario Amodei, chief executive of Anthropic.

Geoffrey Hinton and Yoshua Bengio, two of the three researchers who won a Turing Award for theirpioneeringwork onneuralnetworksand are often considered “godfathers” of the modern A.I. movement, signed the statement, as did otherprominentresearchers in thefield. (The third Turing Award winner, Yann LeCun, who leads Meta’s A.I. research efforts, had not signed as of Tuesday.)

生词卡

(1)pose[pəʊz]v.造成,引起,产生

(2)extinction[ɪkˈstɪŋkʃn]n.灭绝,消亡

(3)industry[ˈɪndəstri]n.行业

(4)pose a threat to... 对……构成威胁

(5)humanity[hjuːˈmænəti] n. 人类;人性,人道

(6)societal[səˈsaɪətl] adj. 关于社会的

(7)on a par with与……同样好(或坏、重要等)

(8)pandemic[pænˈdemɪk] n.(全国或全球性)流行病

(9)nuclear[ˈnjuːkliə(r)] adj. 核能的;核武器的

(10)mitigate[ˈmɪtɪɡeɪt] v.减轻,缓和

(11)priority[praɪˈɒrəti] n.优先处理的事,当务之急

(12)release[rɪˈliːs] v.发布

(13)nonprofit[nɒnˈprɒfɪt] adj.非营利的

(14)signatory[ˈsɪɡnətri] n.(协议的)签署者

(15)pioneering[ˌpaɪəˈnɪərɪŋ] adj.开创性的,探索性的

(16)neural networks神经网络(计算机术语)

(17)prominent[ˈprɒmɪnənt] adj.重要的,杰出的

(18)field[fiːld] n.(研究或工作的)领域

参考译文

A.I. Poses‘Risk ofExtinction,’IndustryLeaders Warn

科技行业领袖警告:AI或为人类带来“灭绝风险”

A group of industry leaders warned on Tuesday that the artificial intelligence technology they were building might onedayposeanexistentialthreattohumanityand should be considered asocietalriskon a par withpandemicsandnuclearwars.

一群行业领袖于周二发出警告,他们正在开发的人工智能技术有朝一日或对人类的生存构成威胁,应被视为与大流行病及核战争同等的社会风险。

“Mitigatingthe risk of extinction from A.I. should be a globalpriorityalongside other societal-scale risks, such as pandemics and nuclear war,” reads a one-sentence statementreleasedby the Center for AI Safety, anonprofitorganization. The open letter was signed by more than 350 executives, researchers and engineers working in A.I.

非营利组织人工智能安全中心发表的一份只有一句话的声明写道:“减轻人工智能带来的灭绝风险应成为全球优先事项,就像应对大流行病和核战争等其他社会规模风险一样。”这封公开信由逾350名从事人工智能工作的高管、研究人员和工程师签署。

Thesignatoriesincluded top executives from three of the leading A.I. companies: Sam Altman, chief executive of OpenAI; Demis Hassabis, chief executive of Google DeepMind; and Dario Amodei, chief executive of Anthropic.

签署者包括三家领先人工智能公司高管:OpenAI首席执行官萨姆·奥尔特曼,谷歌DeepMind首席执行官杰米斯·哈萨比斯,以及Anthropic首席执行官达里奥·阿莫代伊。

Geoffrey Hinton and Yoshua Bengio, two of the three researchers who won a Turing Award for theirpioneeringwork onneuralnetworksand are often considered “godfathers” of the modern A.I. movement, signed the statement, as did otherprominentresearchers in thefield. (The third Turing Award winner, Yann LeCun, who leads Meta’s A.I. research efforts, had not signed as of Tuesday.)

杰弗里·辛顿和约书亚·本吉奥是因在神经网络方面的开创性工作而获得图灵奖的三位研究人员中的两位,他们通常被视为现代人工智能运动的“教父”,他们也签署了该声明,此外还有该领域的其他杰出研究人员。(截至周二,第三位图灵奖得主、Meta人工智能研究项目负责人扬·勒昆尚未签名。)

做题、读外刊不能一味图快!不建议大家现在过分卡时间做题。

一步一步地把题目、文章、逻辑、词汇等内容梳理清楚,总结吃透才是现在的重点。

当然也不是让大家盲目堆时间;花了时间,自己要有收获感才是OK的。

--THEEND--

- 还有你错过的 往期打卡-

点赞+在看,考研稳上岸

学习交流
小学交流
初中交流
高中交流
大学交流
小学学习